Simple Past and Present Perfect Tenses

(Simple Past and Present Perfect Tense)

Q. Use the correct forms of the verb: 

  • I've completed my work today.  It has lain pending for some days.
  • They have done very well today.

1.  I ____ my hands because they were dirty. (wash)

2. Somebody has _____ this window. (break)

3. I feel good. I _____ very well last night. (sleep)

4. We ____ a very good film yesterday. (see)

5. It ____ a lot while we were on holiday. (rain)

6. I've ____ my bag. (lose) Have you ____ it? (see)

7. Rozen's bicycle was ____ last week. (steal)

8. I ____ to bed early because I was tired. (go)

9. Have you _____ your work yet? (finish)

10. The shopping centre was ____ about 20 years ago. (build)

11. Ann ____ to drive when she was 19. (learn)

12. I've never ____ a horse. (ride)

13. Julia is a good friend of mine. I've ____ her for a long time. (know)

14. Yesterday I ____ (fall) and ____ my leg. (hurt)

15. I have ____ some coffee. Would you like some? (make)

16. Have you ____ John about your new job? (tell)

17. We _____ basketball on Sunday. We didn't play very well, but we _____. (win)

18. I know Gary but I've never ____ his wife. (meet)

19. We were _____ by some loud music. (wake up)

20. Stephanie jumped into the river and ____ to the other side. (swim)

21.  I ____ my lesson because tomorrow is my exam. (revise)

22. Somebody has _____ this record. (break)

23. You feel good. You _____ very well last night. (sleep)

24. All the boys ____ a very good drama yesterday. (see)

25. It ____ a lot of time to reach the valley. (take)

26. I've ____ my books. (lose) Has somebody ____ it? (see)

27. Rameene's car was not ____ last week. (steal)

28. She ____ to school yesterday. (not go)

29. Have you _____ your work yet? (not finish)

30. This school was ____ about 100 years ago. (build)

31. I ____ to drive when she was 19. (learn)

32. I've never ____ to Karachi. (be)

33. They are good friends.  They've never ___ in conflict (be)

34. Yesterday she ____ (fall) and ____ her leg. (hurt)

35. He has ____ some coffee for me. (make)

36. Has she ____ John about her future plan? (tell)

37. We would like to _____ basketball. We play very well. (play)

38. I know him but I've never ____ his friend. (meet)

39. We were _____ by the ringing of mobile. (arouse)

40. The elder brother jumped into the river and ____ to the other side. (swim)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic English Grammar Lessons

Conditional Sentences Test No 1