Use of Has Got-Have Got

Functional English Exercise No. 3 
Use of 'have' , 'has', and 'had'

'have'  is used with I, we, you, they and Plural Nouns:
For Example:
  • I have got blue eyes.  
  • They have got a new house. 
  • We have got another bike. 
  • Have you bought the house?
'has' is used with he, she, it, and Singular Nouns
  • He has got blue eyes. 
  • She has got a new baby.
  • He has not got any children
Use of 'had' in Past Tense with all singular and plural nouns.
  • They had many books last year.
  • We had two flats in Muree.
Only 'have' is used after do, does, did, will, shall 

Choose the correct option of the following:
1. I ___ a new motorbike today. 


ANSWER= (B) have got
Explanation: I have got a new motorbike today. 

2. She ___ any camera, so she cannot take any pic.



ANSWER= (B) hasn't 
Explanation: She has not got any camera, so she cannot take any pic.

3. They ___ some information just now.    


ANSWER= (A) have got 
Explanation: They have got some information just now. 

5. He ___ any best friend here. 



ANSWER= (A) has not got
Explanation: He has not got any best friend here. 

6.  I don't ____ a new house.   

ANSWER= (C) have got
Explanation: I don't have got a new house. 

7.  I am not feeling well today. I ___ a headache. 


ANSWER= (B)  have got
Explanation: I am not feeling well today. I have got a headache.

8. Everybody likes Julia. She ___  many friends. 

ANSWER= (B) has got
Explanation: Yes, Everybody likes Julia. She has got many friends.  

9. Sara ___ any kids.



ANSWER= (C) has not got
Explanation: Sara has not got any kids.  

Click here to learn and attempt a Test of 'since and for'

10.  They ____ many books yesterday.


ANSWER= (B) hadn't got 
Explanation: They haven't got many books last year.
11.  I don't ____ any money to waste. 


ANSWER= (C) have
Explanation: I don't have any money to waste. 

12. He ___ a big home.  





ANSWER= (C) hasn't got
Explanation: He has not got any home. 

To learn more 

13. They ___ any money so far 



ANSWER= (C) have not got  
Explanation: They have not got any money so far 

14. Do you ___ some knowledge about politics? 




ANSWER= (B) have
Explanation: Do you have some knowledge about politics? 

15. I ____ anything wrong.




ANSWER= (C) have not done 
Explanation: I have not done anything wrong. 

16. She ____ her books to anyone yesterday. 





ANSWER= (B) 
Explanation: She had not given her books to anyone before I asked.

17. No, I don't ____ any good news. 





ANSWER= (D) have got
Explanation: No, I don't have got any good news. 

18. Do you not ____ any money?  





ANSWER= (B) have
Explanation: Do you have not any money?  

19. Everybody ____ some common to share. 





ANSWER= (C) has 
Explanation: Everybody has some common to share. 

20. All the boys ____ got their uniforms today.   





ANSWER= (C) have 
Explanation: All the boys have got their uniforms. 

21. Need you ____ paid much?   


ANSWER= (B) have
Explanation: Need you have paid much? 

22. I do not ____ any reservations about yours.




ANSWER= (B) have
Explanation: I do not have any reservations about yours. 

23. Does your elder brother ___ got any job? 





ANSWER= (D) have
Explanation: Does your elder brother have got any job?

24. The cat ____ blue eyes. 





ANSWER= (C) has got
Explanation: The cat has got blue eyes. 

25. All the boys ____ their answer sheets. 




ANSWER= (B)  have got
Explanation: All the boys have got their answer sheets. 

26. Her house ____ any garage.  



ANSWER= (B) has not got
Explanation: Her house has not got any garage

27. The mobile is not working. It ____ no battery in it. 





ANSWER= (B) has 
Explanation: The mobile is not working. It has no battery in it

28. This garden ____ no trees of fruit last year.  



     C) has 

ANSWER= (A) had
Explanation: This garden had no trees of fruit. 

29. She ____ any admission this year. 





ANSWER= (C) has not got
Explanation: She has not got any admission this year. 

30. I am sorry I don't ____ any licence.





ANSWER= (C) have
Explanation:  I am sorry I don't have a licence.  

Click here to learn the use of is, are, am, was, were





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic English Grammar Lessons

Conditional Sentences Test No 1