Parts of Speech in English


Every day
I hear a very common sentence, i.e. "How can we improve my basic grammar". How can I quickly improve my grammar? I reply to this question that English is a very easy and interesting language, which starts with " I". Following are a few special steps (Daily One Exercise) which can help you to learn the English language easily:  

  1. "I" is a personal pronoun, which is spoken by the speaker when he/she expresses or reveals his/her feelings.
  2. Personal pronoun, "I" takes the following auxiliary verbs, such as, am, have, was, shall, e.g.
    I am a student.
    I have many books.
    I was not absent yesterday.
    I shall work hard to win the match.
  3. "Subject + Verb + Object" is used in active voice sentences, and
  4. "Object + auxiliary verb + Past Participle of the main verb+ Prepositional phrase.
    Examples
  5. I am interested in my studies.
  6. They are amazed at her response.
  7. The use of Past Participle and Present Participle will help you a lot to learn English grammar.  
  8. I have broken a mirror. ('broken' is past participle here), and
  9. I have a broken mirror. ('broken' is past participle adjective)
  10. I am breaking a news. ('breaking' is present participle here), and
  11. I have got a breaking news. ('breaking' is present participle adjective)
  12. Concepts of Present Participle, Present Participle Adjective, Past Participle, and Past Participle Adjective will boost up your grammatical concepts.
                                    Parts of Speech
Noun
A noun is a naming word
For Example: 
name of person, thing, or place etc. There are some common and proper nouns.
'John' is a proper noun, and 'boy' is a common noun. 'England' is a proper noun, and 'country' is a common noun.

Verb
A verb is a word that shows some link or action. 
For example: 
He plays cricket daily.
She is singing a song.
Linking Verb:
They are good players

Adjective
An adjective is a word that defines a noun. 
For example:
I have a good pen. 'good' is a word that defines a noun, 'pen'

Adverb
An adverb is a word that defines a verb. 
For example:
I have a good pen. This pen writes smoothly.

Pronoun
A pronoun is a word that is used instead of a noun. For example: 
Ali is a good student. He is a gentle boy. ('he' is a pronoun) 

Preposition
A preposition is a word that links two nouns together.
For Example:
I have got a bunch of keys. ('of' is a preposition)

Conjunction
A conjunction is a word that links two or more sentences. 
For example: 
I am watching T.V and my brother is playing cricket. ('and' is conjunction)

Interjection
An interjection is a word that shows an expression or exclamation. 
For Example:
Alas! I am lost.
Hurrah! we have won the match.

Determiner
A determiner is a word that determines a noun.
For example:
I have a good book. ('a' is a determiner that is called an indefinite article.
Ali is the boy that has got first position in the class.

Students' work:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preposition No. 4 MDCAT

ESL and IELTS

Present Tense -Choose the correct form of the verb