Punctuation Practice Test No.1 (Book 1 - English Part I)

Choose the correct Punctuated Sentences of the following.
(Book I- Short Stories)

Click to learn the 

1. fitty thousand dollars she thought





ANSWER= (C) "Fifty thousand dollars," she thought."  
Explanation: Reported Speech and reporting speech   

2. i m rather busy norma said  





ANSWER= (C) "I'm rather busy," Norma said.   
Explanation:  Reported and reporting speech  

3. why i am doing this she thought 





ANSWER= (D) "Why I am doing this?" she thought. 
Explanation: Reported and reporting speech   

4. not that i believe a word of what you told us





ANSWER= (B) "Not that I believe a word of what you told us."
Explanation: Reported Speech only   

5. this is the way jess said my father 





ANSWER= (D) "The is the way, Jess," said my father. 
Explanation: Reported and Reporting Speech Tense.   

6. look at this jess he bragged   





ANSWER= (C) "Look at this, Jess!" he bragged. 
Explanation: Reported and Reporting speech.    

Worksheet of Conditional Sentences

7. i do nt see a weed in this patch i laughed 





ANSWER= (B) "I don't see a weed in this patch," I laughed.
Explanation: Reported and Reporting speech    

8. which one he asked laughing 





ANSWER= (B) "Which one?" he asked, laughing. 
Explanation: Reported and reporting speech.  

9. is that what you wanted to show me i asked 





ANSWER= (D) "Is that what you wanted to show me?" I asked. 
Explanation: Reported and reporting speech      

10. all paths go to the same place he answered 





ANSWER= (A) "All paths go to the same place," he answered. 
Explanation: Reported and Reporting speech

11. i won t let em he said  





ANSWER= (B) "I won't let em," he said.  
Explanation: Reported and reporting speech.   


12. what s wrong asked his wife  





ANSWER= (D) "What's wrong?" asked his wife. 
Explanation: Reported speech and Reporting speech     

13. i feel like a salt crystal he said 




ANSWER= (D) "I feel like a salt crystal," he said.  
Explanation:  Reported and reporting speech. 

Choose the correct name of Poet and Poem

14. are you sure laura asked the father quietly 





ANSWER= (B) "Are you sure, Laura?" asked the father quietly.  
Explanation: Reported and Reporting speech.    

15. children he said sitting there looking beyond them i ve something to tell you  





ANSWER= (D) "Children," he said, sitting there, looking beyond them, "I've something to tell you."  
Explanation: Reported, Reporting, and Reported speech.


16. look he said to them you did hear the news





ANSWER= (C) "Look," he said to them. "You did hear the news, the other day, didn't you?"
Explanation: Reported, reporting. Reported.   

17. i won t touch it he said i ll eat only food from our deep freeze 





ANSWER= (B) "I won't touch," he said. "I'll eat only food from our deep-freeze."
Explanation: Reported, reporting. Reported.   

18. harry what colour of eyes have you got sam said





ANSWER= (A) "Harry, what colour of eyes have you got?" Sam said. 
Explanation:  Reported and Reporting speech.  

Self-assessment Test of Verb Correction

19. yes but we are not going he said quietly 





ANSWER= (A) "Yes, but we're not going." he said quietly.
Explanation: Reported and reporting    

Self-assessment Test of Verb Correction Past Papers

20. my dear lady mr steward said do you really think you knew your husband 





ANSWER= (C) "My dear lady," Mr. Steward said. "Do you really think you knew your husband?"
Explanation: Reported and Reporting. Reported    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preposition No. 4 MDCAT

ESL and IELTS

Present Tense -Choose the correct form of the verb